How to Choose Barbecue Charcoal
The models of charcoal barbecues
– The fixed charcoal barbecue : mostly built of stone or brick, it is placed near the terrace, but not too close to the house to avoid smoke. Beyond a certain size, the owner must file an application for a building permit.
– The mobile charcoal barbecue : sometimes equipped with castors on one side, it can be moved easily in the garden or stored under a shelter during the winter. It also has the advantage of being able to be oriented according to the direction of the wind.
– The portable charcoal barbecue : placed directly on the table or on a work surface, it allows to organize a barbecue wherever you are, even in apartments. But its capacity is more limited, It can only satisfy the needs of a handful of people.
– Materials : either stainless steel or cast iron for portable and mobile devices. On the fixed models, you have the choice between concrete, stone or brick.
– Accessories : some utensils provide additional comfort such as the vertical grill for grease, double grill for clamping food and turning them quickly, or the spit-rod for better distribution of the cooking. A brick barbecue must always include a hood to evacuate the fumes.