How to choose a barbecue
Models of barbecues
– The charcoal barbecue: the traditional barbecue , by far the most used, which gives a taste and a charm so particular to grills outdoors. Sometimes with casters, the charcoal model is exclusively an outdoor barbecue that requires regular maintenance. The cooking must be monitored constantly to be uniform.
– The electric barbecue: the barbecue of the townspeople who do not have a garden at their home. He perfectly finds his place inside the kitchen near the window, or even better on a balcony. Easy to use and install, only an electrical outlet is required for power supply. This is the most accessible solution, With a very affordable starting price.
– The gas barbecue: like some Weber barbecues , working both with propane and butane. The gas grill is triggered almost instantaneously by pressing a single button. Cooking food is fast and homogeneous. It is however a little more expensive than the first two.
– The solar barbecue: the ecological version appeared recently, which needs a strong sunlight to function. Solar models remain marginal and quite expensive to purchase at the moment, but they are expected to grow significantly in the future.
– The fixed barbecue : apart from the innumerable mobile versions, Individuals with adequate space in their garden may consider building a fixed barbecue. But be careful to respect the local regulations, since a declaration prior to the town hall will be indispensable, or possibly a building permit.
– Materials : Mobile barbecues are generally made of steel or cast iron. Steel is the standard material of outdoor models (lightweight, rust resistant). Cast iron barbecues are a little heavier, but retain heat longer. For their part, fixed barbecues are constructed of concrete, stone or brick.
– The size: according to the
Space you have (terrace or garden) and the number of guests to treat (head to head or tribe), your needs will not be the same. Each type of device has a wide range of different sizes and shapes. – The frequency of use: for occasional use, no interest to choose a sophisticated often expensive model. A charcoal or electric model will do. For the enthusiasts of the evening skewers, prefer a model gas or hard, the first being of quick and easy use, the second requiring no prior setting.
– The legislation: apartment, If you have your barbecue built, be aware that above 2 meters of floor space and 1.50 meters high, it is essential to inquire To the municipality to know the legislation that governs your municipality.
– Accessories : to distinguish themselves, manufacturers offer a multitude of additional options to barbecues, whether to improve cooking (lid, smokehouse, lava stones ), to return food more easily (double grill, spinner ) Or to facilitate maintenance (grease and ash traps, protective cover).